A few prominent performances include:
‘Kasturi Tilakam’ dance ballet: Originally choreographed in 1978, this dance ballet on the life of Lord Krishna was first presented in Nigeria. Three and a half decades later, it was unearthed and re-choreographed for a performance at IIM Indore in 2013. The appreciation earned there encouraged the Academy to perform the same ballet three more times, including for the Alliance Française de Poona.
Ramayana dance ballet: Presented for the first time in 2008, the Ramayana met with a flattering response, urging the Academy to invest more time and creativity in it. It was performed for the second time in 2010, and highly appreciated by the audience as well as the media.
Naaritva: An initiative taken by the senior students of the Academy, ‘Naaritva’ attempted to depict aspects of womanhood, through various traditional pieces. Naaritva attempted to showcase a range of roles played by women, including girlhood, sisterhood and motherhood, as well as the woman as a devotee, a goddess and a guru.
In keeping with its social profile, the Academy performed to raise funds for the Kargil war in 2000, for Janakalyan Sevashram in 2007 and for cancer fund-raising in San Francisco in 2010.
Lecture demonstrations and performances include regular shows for Mission Arthritis India and the Tamil Sangam, and annual workshops for Softbridge Solutions.
Other highlights include:
- Dance tour – Sri Krishna Mutt (Udupi), Murdeshwar Temple and Sri Chitrapur Math in 2019
- Lecture demonstration and performances at Alam Puri and Alam Puisi, Bali, Indonesia (2018)
- Lecture demonstration and performance at Benaras Hindu University (2018)
- Performance for Ghat-Sandhya, Varanasi (2018)
- Performance for the 85th anniversary of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya (2017)
- Performance for Urja: A Classical Dance Festival (2017)
- Performance at Tirumala Venkateshwara Temple (2018)
- Performances at Sri Brihadeeswarar Temple (Thanjavur), Sri Panchanadeeswarar Temple (Thiruvaiyaru), Sri Thyagarajaswamy Temple (Thiruvarur) and for the Bhagavatha Mela (Melattur) in 2016
- Performance at Rukmini Arangam, Kalakshetra, in 2015
- Performances as part of the Cultural Festivals held at Renage (France) in 2012
- Performance at Voiron (France) in 2012
- Performance for Layama, a yoga institute, in Aix-en-Provence (France) in 2010
- Performance at the Shaniwarwada festival in 2008
- Performance at Chidambaram in 2008
- Performance at NDA in 2007
- Workshop in San Francisco in 2006
- Lecture Demonstration in Gap (France) in 2006
- Performance in Satara for Mahashivratri Mahotsav in 2003
- Performance for Poona Sangeetha Sabha in 2002